Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series - Haunted House

Hi folks...today I'm sharing close-ups and links to the products I used to make my spooky Haunted House cards for Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiraton Series. I love all of this year's Halloween stamp sets but I think just maybe, Haunted House is my favourite...

I started off by colouring a white card blank with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink using a blending tool and then over-stamped the Skulls Background stamp from Skulls & Cobwebs with Black Soot.
I trimmed a panel of Distress Watercolor card to be slightly smaller and tapped Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and a little Black Soot Distress Oxide inks on to my non-stick craft mat, smooshed the card through it, dried, spritzed with water, dried again and then tapped the card into the left over droplets of ink until I was happy with the background. I inked the Cobwebs Background with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly on the background.
I then stamped the Haunted House image with Ranger Black Archival and highlighted some areas with a Signo Uniball White Opaque Pen, added Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs and Clippings Stickers...
and now it's confession time. I didn't get a good impression on the sentiment first time around...I know instead of using an acrylic block, I should have used my best friend...the Stamp Platform so this "always wise after the event" crafter restamped the sentiment on to Idea-ology Plain Tissue Wrap, heated embossed with Ranger Clear Embossng Powder, cut around it and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium...I won't tell if you don't and finished off with an Idea-ology Type Token with the wording highlighted with Picket Fence Distress Crayon and a Black Eclectic Elements bow.



I used the same Distress Oxide smooshing technique for Card 2 with Wilted Violet, Fosslized Amber and the teeniest bit of Spiced Marmalade.  I inked the Skulls background stamp with Wilted Violet and stamped randomly over the background. I stamped the moon with Black Soot Distress Paint using the Stamp Platform and once it was dry, repositioned the stamp slightly to the left and restamped several times with Picket Fence,I stamped the Haunted House with Ranger Black Archival, used the Signo Uniball Opaque White pen to add highlights, the bats with Black Archival and heat embossed with Ranger Clear embossing powder. I added an Alpha Transparent Tile, Label Letters, Clippings Stickers and a little bit of stitching here and there.
I fixed an Idea-ology Shape Token on to black card and cut around the edge, coloured the token with Fossilized Amber Distress Paint, added a Black Eclectic Elements thread bow and Glossy Accents to the bat.
And EXCITING news, Tim will be on FACEBOOK LIVE at 5.00pm, if you're in the UK, to share somethng NEW...
Are you intriqued, what could it be I wonder? To find out we'll have to tune in so I've booked my seat right in the front row and hope to see you there.
I'll be back tomorrow to share some close up's and the links to the products I used on my Tim Holtz Inspiration Series "Something Wicked This Way Comes" Raven Card.
Hugs Kath xxx