Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Hi folks...ha...ha...I love the optimism of the folks who've commented that the make-over will be fiinished before I leave for The NEC and I'm sorry to disappoint but there's not a cat in hell's chance of that prophecy coming true. I had no intention of starting what at the moment can only be described as chaos until after Christmas but you know what it's like when you plant a seed in a man's brain and he takes the bait...you've just got to grasp that opportunity and strike while the iron is hot....it's called feminine guile...make him think it was his idea and my motto is "if you've got it...use it. But before hubby got cracking on the ceiling...I covered up the crafty stuff with spooky ghosty dust sheets...
And got stuck in to saying au revoir to the "loved it at the time but way out of favour now" RED WALL...
and too impatient to sit and watch paint dry...I turned my attention to my workdesk tools...looking rather sad under their mucky coats of dust...wow it's amazing what a bit of time spent rub-a-dub dubbing up to my elbows in a sink of hot soapy suds can achieve...the blending tool tower is all of a sparkle for the first time in years...

and hitting the ground running I set off to pick up the storage units...
and choose the new cubbyhole paint colour...crikey I surprised even myself on that score...no humming and haa-ing...to or fro-ing...I was in and out in 15 minutes and believe me...that's a world record. I just need to work those magical powers of persuasion on the man with the screwdriver and with a bit of luck...the wall of storage will be done and dusted.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx