Friday, May 20, 2016

Life is a never ending list....

A very good morning from this "never enough hours in a day" corner of the planet...the good news is...thanks to hubby's efforts yesterday...the gravel mountain in the driveway has been relocated to it's new home but now I need to come up with a planting plan and a list of suitable inhabitants for the first phase of converting the jungle to a low maintenance "sit back and relax" haven of peace and tranquility.
Is there such a thing as low maintenance when it's come to gardening...I think not...because the grass is due for another haircut...the tomato plants are itching to move to bigger pots...the patio needs a good sweep because the cherry tree has shed it's mountain of blossom...
 the hanging baskets are still empty and looking a bit forlorn...
 the bird feeding station needs a good clean and relocated to the new gravel area...
I've come to the conclusion that life is a "never ending list of things to do" journey whether it's OUTSIDE or IN...
So it's decision time...the rain has stopped and with no Friday Girls Outing today...will it be a day in the GARDEN or will the CUBBYHOLE win the day. Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you all on Monday for another challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

7 comments:

  1. A word of warning....to keep the low maintenance DO NOT locate the feeders over the gravel! The birds will drop seed in the chuckies & it will sprout! Best place by far is overhanging the lawn....good luck.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. The term "Low maintenance" creates a false sense of being where a garden is concerned - growing things will always need maintenance LOL
    I agree with Sally over the bird feeders - dropped seeds will be sprouting before you know it. Keep them on the lawn and then the shoots will be caught by the mower.
    Have a great weekend, whatever you decide to do.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I can so feel your dilemma, whatever you have decided either garden or cubbyhole I hope it is a good day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forth Bridge springs to mind when I think of gardening (or painting like I am doing, unfortunately). I am sure everything will click into place sooner rather than later. Hope you have a great weekend too and get some crafty time. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This past week it has been the garden beckoning. The daisies have been driving me nuts in the front lawn. Don't get me wrong I love daisies just not on my patch!! I did weed the patio but the darn things keep coming up regardless and as for the snails I'm thinking of setting up a mail order business and shipping em off to France. !! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel Kath, we've just had our lawn done, painted the fence, scrubbed and sealed the decking and I'm in the middle of doing my pots and tomato plants too. Still got the sheds to do and clean the greenhouse. Like Anne says it seems never ending however hard you try to achieve a low maintenance garden, but we love it really don't we? Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting the gravel on site x hubby's do come in Handy !! It's a hard decision regarding the garden or the cubbyhole.....hope you managed to split time and enjoy both. There are some stunning grasses that look amazing in gravel, plus some nice pieces of wood or larger stones, which is what we did with our gravelled patch

    Have a lovely weekend Kath

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete